Bring and grow your business here – Sturminster Newton Chamber Of Commerce
Great place to work, start & grow your business
Sturminster Newton may have once been an agricultural market town – but today it is marching into the 21st century and is a great place to start and grow your business. Surrounded by the green, lush, low lying country of the Blackmore Vale, Sturminster Newton has a historic town centre – a lovely mixture of thatched cottages, Georgian stone buildings and Victorian brickwork. There is a strong community spirit in the town which has a friendly, local vibe. It’s a safe, happy environment for families who live and work here.
But, not so obvious to the public eye, Sturminster Newton is being transformed into a modern and supportive place to launch, grow and locate a business. The following make it a compelling proposition:
- An active Chamber of Commerce (Sturbiz) established to support the different business communities – this covers the main locations and types of business. Sturbiz can help you start a business, re-locate here or grow your current business. We can help you develop business plans, identify funding, navigate the planning process and market your business. Regular events are organised to encourage networking and to provide interesting business-focussed content.
- Our Town Council and Dorset Council are highly supportive and forward thinking and we have been included in the Western Dorset Growth Corridor Strategy as a key location for providing growth.
- Good 4G and full Superfast coverage with the potential for early roll-out of G.Fast for the North Dorset Business Park, located on the Southern edge of the town.
- High quality modern office space in the town centre.
- We have housing to match most requirements and our Neighbourhood Plan supports further high quality, reasonably priced house building, provision for individual self-build executive housing, support for regeneration, diversification of farming and further office and retail space.
- Our local schools are highly rated – students from Sturminster Newton High School have a high rate of Oxford and Cambridge acceptance – and we have good apprenticeship opportunities for young people in the area. We also have many top private schools in the local area.
- We have extensive sports and leisure facilities, with a fully equipped leisure centre and gym, football club and recreation ground. There are many walking and cycle trails in our beautiful landscape.
- There is a tremendous selection of culture within easy reach – the Exchange has a 300-seat auditorium that attracts big name performers and a wide variety of entertainment. We are close to the highly respected Plush Music Festival. Poole Lighthouse is 40 minutes away and hosts the world-class Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra weekly concert series, plays, films and other entertainments.
We have companies like Harts that operates a major hardware internet business out of its Sturminster base. They also have a garden centre and an extensive hardware store in the town. We have Hansons, one of the south’s largest craft, design and materials businesses in the town, to which people travel from across the south of the UK. Littons make the highest quality bespoke furniture (clients include a New York Boutique Hotel and British Embassies). These are just a small selection of the companies that thrive in our town.