SturBiz – Sturminster Newton Chamber of Commerce
MISSION – To promote and enhance the Sturminster Newton economy and its businesses, and to support a thriving and effective business community.
- Promote and encourage the development of trade, commerce, and manufacture within the Sturminster Newton area.
- Bring together businesses with a common interest in working together to improve their commercial success.
- Support and participate in marketing Sturminster Newton to encourage increased economic activity for the Town’s businesses; including maintaining the section of the Town’s web site dedicated to supporting existing businesses and attracting new businesses to the Town.
- Keep members informed of local issues that affect the business community and the locality in general.
- Put into effect, participate in or support activities that improve and protect the local economy.
- Support applications for funding and investment in the Town’s economy and infrastructure
- Represent the interests of the members to local government, funding authorities, politicians, and other organisations, including views on the issues faced by businesses in the town and actions required
- Support businesses to obtain advice on starting up and growth.
- Provide opportunities for businesses to network and gain advantage from guest speakers and events.
- In relation to the above, to co-operate or affiliate with any local or national organisation or association in such a manner as the Chamber in general meeting or Committee shall decide.
- Create and support Groups that have a common business interest (e.g. location, nature of their businesses, completion of a project, dealing with a complex issue)
The membership fee is £25 per annum.
This entitles members to all communications from SturBiz and to attend and participate in regular meetings. Membership Form.
The Committee meets every 4-6 weeks and currently has 8 members.
The Town Breakfast meetings are held at 8am on the 1st Tuesday of the month at various town venues. Discussion tends to focus on town centre issues and events.
Further information can be obtained by contacting the SturBiz Coordinator on [email protected] or via Facebook.